Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger Shoes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
Anyone use them? I have an extra wide shoe on a Can-Jar trigger and it is excellent. I wonder if anyone still makes them?

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
RR--

The Canjar is designed to use a shoe. Not much else is.

The trigger shoe adds weight below the trigger pivot point and makes inertial firing a GREAT risk.

NEVER use a trigger shoe unless the trigger is designed for it. They can be very dangerous.

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
J,

Aha! That could be why I do not see them for sale except on auction boards. Never even thought about the weight and firing issue. More food for thought.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nasty things, trigger shoes. The law enforcment agency I worked for outlawed them after a rash of accidental discharges while holstering weapons. Trigger guards are wide for a reason and triggers are narrow for that same reason.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used one on my dad's old M70 and I like them. They give you a better "feel" for the trigger and in my opinion, allow you to squeeze with more control because more of your finger is in contact with the triggering face. They are still to be had for many different guns. Just search trigger shoe(s)-- I found them on the first try. They are aluminum now (my dad's was steel) and cost from 8-25 dollars or so.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used one on a Python that already had an excellent trigger. The shoe just made it feel even better.

Paul

Posts: 130 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have known of trigger shoes comming loose, sliding down the trigger and stoppong the gun from shooting.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a jam on Rem 700ADL once where the case got stuck vertically behind the follower. Couldn't shake it loose to save my butt. Well, since I always carry I small screwdriver with me, I'll just pull the action out of the stock and fix that real quick! Problem was, I didn't have the little freakin' allen wrench for the screws that hold the shoe to the trigger. Guess what, I don't use trigger shoes any more.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
I also have a Canjar with wide shoe on my pre '64 '06. I fitted a regular shoe to my Brno mod 1 in 22lr to emulate the feel of the '06 trigger since I use the 22 for practice.
I must admit I do like the feel of the trigger shoes.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tyler Mfg. and Dist. Co.: 1-800-654-8415. Trigger shoes for lots o' different guns.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote