Find
Notify
Tools

Advice needed, 375hh
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents

I am about to fit a silencer to the ZKK602 in 375hh, but I grow a bit weary about the gunsmiths that are in line to do the work.
After speaking 20 minutes to one on the phone, I am not convinced that he knows what should be done and what to avoid. He did not know what mechanism the ZKK was, nor that it was a factory rifle actually chambered for a heavy cartridge as the .375hh.
If he does not know that there are a rifle maker called CZ/Brno, nor that they make these guns in these calibers, I am hesitant to let him tamper with the gun. He further stated that it took atleast 5 bullets from a .375 to put a dagga boy to the ground.

So, then the questions arise.

What can I do myself to make the action smoother and easier to cycle? It is still a bit rough.

What are the questions to ask the smith when he is to cut the barrel, thread and crown it?

What shall I ask to make sure that he is capable of adjusting the trigger pull to around 3 pounds from the 8,4 pounds as of today?

I want to keep the old front sight by making 2 holes in the barrel just behind the threading and then screw one machine screw into the barrel for locking it, and the other hole is just filled with a guiding pin, in the case of needing open sights in the future.
What would be the right thing to do here?

Sincerely
Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a gunsmith with good references and check the references. Also look at work that he has done. Did he do it neatly. Does the work he do looks good or not. It is easy to spot poor workmanship if you know what to look for.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote