Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have any info on this company?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hangunnr
posted
I picked up a reworked Springfield by the Santa Fe Division of Golden State Arms Corp. The model is a 1942 Sharpshooter. Caliber is 30-06. The stock is a spoterized military type. The barrel has been replaced and happens to be very accurate. The trigger dosen't appear to be military.

Has anyone ever heard of this outfit before?

I would like to restock the barrelled action and put the gun into service. Who offers drop-in stocks? I would like to have a walnut stock but would settle for a synthetic or possibly laminated. I would also like to know if new bottom metal is available. The gun currently has a rather cheezy plastic trigger guard and floorplate.

hangunnr

Posts: 144 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Golden State Arms was located in Pasadena, Ca. on Green St,
They sold surplus guns (Lugers $25, Rolling blocks $7.50)
I think they went out of business about 40 yrs ago.
Good Luck!

Posts: 217 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As stated, they were a California company and imported and reworked a varity of military surplus firearms.I have seen Enfields and a varity of mausers, and one Springfield.And the mentioned time frame sounds about right.

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I worked on one of these actions a while ago. The rear scope mounting hole needed to be tapped so I did it. It was as soft as butter and stripped out immediately. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. I think they were investment cast out of mild steel.

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote