Find
Notify
Tools

CZ cross bolt question
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted
I am contemplating a 458 CZ rifle. many say to quickly have cross bolts added, but that the CZ's are fine rifles otherwise.

My question is, can you give me an idea of where to best position the cross bolts on the CZ's? Can you post pics of what you had done?

Thanks
By the way, my biggest gun to date is a 375 H&H but its a Ruger and did not need any additonaly work. Just contemplating something bigger.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2603 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My CZ 550 FS 9.3X62 came with two cross bolts. But from the pictures I see the Americans don't have them. I would think a .458 would have them. Also, My 9.3 has an extra recoil lug under the barrel that is well bedded so the cross bolts may not be necessary, but they look cool.

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The CZ 458s made since early 2007 have cross bolts. Smiler

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Mike
thanks, their website does not show them in pics though, maybe I will call CZ.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2603 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is always wise to check. Cross bolts do seem to be necessary for the CZ boomers.

I always thought it odd that the 9,3x62 Americans did come with cross bolts as mine did but larger calibers did not.

Even with factory cross bolts, it is wise to have any larger caliber CZ properly bedded. (I'd have any larger caliber rifle bedded. Is cheaper and much less hassle than having a new stock fitted, cross bolted, and bedded!)

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote