THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Your expertise is greatly appreciated...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Send it to Taurus, they do good work on warranty repairs, it took less than 3 months for them to fix my gun.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Find a new dealer. If he is that bad about standing behind his products, I would spend my money elsewhere. The fact that it has been fired doesn't matter, in my opinion. He should at least try to clean it for you or otherwidse locate the problem. If it is a cleaning ssue, you should pay for the fix.

Take it somewhere for a professional, detail cleaning before sending it off. The factory storage grease might be causing the sticking, as might a metal chip or other manufacturing debris. The cost of cleaning (to me) is a good gamble against the time and shipping cost.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This is my first post. You all sound very knowledgeable. Any help is greatly appreciated. I bought a Taurus PT-145 last weekend @ a gunshow in San Antonio. New in box. Took it to the range and shot 100 rounds. Worked great. Went to the range today and shot another 100 rounds. Here's the problem...Every other shot I have to manually pull the trigger forward for me to be able to shoot again. It just gets stuck. The gun jammed about three times also. The gun jamming might just be the ammo (it was reloaded..crap.) Shot new S&W .45 Auto and the trigger still sticks. I took it home and cleaned it throughly and it is still sticking when I dry fire. (No, I don't do that often). I called the gunstore who soled it to me and he's not willing to help (because it's been fired) referred me to Taurus. I dont want to send it away to Florida so they can have it for 3 months. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance. -Tony tboult@satx.rr.com