New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter 1 for LC Smith
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend of mine is considering installing Hunter 1 triggers on his LC Smith shotguns.
I seem to recall that this is a little more than just drop in. Any names of gunsmiths with experience and expertise with installing these triggers would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
a little more than just drop in.
Eeker

Does your friend have a couple of extras laying about or is he going to buy some old take-offs?

These are persnikity things and I assume the take-offs that I've seen on the net were 'took off' for a reason.

Your friend might want to speak to Kieth Kearcher for a reality check.

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've converted several the other way and believe me, there's a reason for this. Yes, it can be done, but it's a LOT easier if you can find an original 1-trigger tang with parts. And after you do find one, I wish you luck; yes, it's not hard to make it work if you know what's what, but IMO he'd be trading a super-versatile and relatively foolproof setup for one that's much less versatile and mechanically problematic at least some of the time. But that's just my opinion; I've restocked 6-8 Elsies and am fitting one with 3 sets of barrels right now so I've had plenty of time to form an opinion and it's a fairly firm one, I like 2 triggers. FWIW, of course YMMV.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input.
The triggers are new--he's had them a while. It's been something he's been planning for quite a few years. He actually picked up the shotguns after he had the triggers.
I'll relay Mr. Kearcher's contact information.

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote