Find
Notify
Tools

Good Deal?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted
I took my Rem 700 into a gunsmith the other day to have it glass bedded. The gunsmith had a new MacMillan stock that had already been inletted for my action for a previous customer. (Started as a flat stcok). It has the upgraded recoil pad, swivels and pillars. The gunsmith offered the stock including bedding for my rifle at $500.00 and I took it. My gun had the cheap Remington plastic stock on it. Is this a decent deal?

The gunsmith actually dropped my action into the stock and it felt really good. Comb is a bit higher as well which I needed.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Considering that McMillan gets over $700 for the same thing, I'd say you got a good deal. thumb

Plus, I think you're looking at about 4-5 months to even get a stock from McMillan currently.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me. It took 8 months to get our last McMillan. The stock was $550 to the customer + bedding.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote