THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Wyatt mag box for short mags in 700 short action.....do they work??

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyatt mag box for short mags in 700 short action.....do they work??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need to hear some results from those who have used the Wyatt extended mag box for the short mags in a 700 short action......I read everything I found in the search, but there isn't much in the way of actual experience......have heard they feed.....have heard they don't feed....

I'm not interested in the center feed box......I want to know if you have had a staggered mag box installed and if it fed correctly......don't want to have one installed and find out that there are still feeding issues!

Would also like to know what follower you used and what modifications are needed to use factory BDL bottom metal.

Thanks, Mark

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with the "extended box" but I have with the center feed version. I found their product to be substandard and wouldn't buy anything else from this company.

I bought the center feed version and it sucks. The box I bought converts your rifle to a "center feed" system which might be ok if it actually worked. The big flaw in the system is it uses a flimsy un-treated sheet metal box with lips to feed the cartridges. You bend and adjust the lips until it feeds properly. The problem is the metal is too flimsy and has no memory. After it's adjusted properly it'll only last a few cycles and then the cartridges don't hold or feed anymore. Also, the follower is sheet metal, it ain't easy being cheesy.

The WSM's have been around awhile now, I'm sure you can get real factory parts from Remington which would be a lot better option IMO.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't get an extended box from Remington......I want something longer than the factory box....

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you if you decide to buy it.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
The price isn't cheap but, I think the quality is excellent. Check out this thread, I think it's what you may be looking for;

http://www.hsprecision.com/new_10_round_magazine.htm

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Definitely not what I'm looking for...... looking for an extended length magazine, not a higher capacity magazine......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not extend your present box? A little machining, a little welding a little more machining and Presto!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't cut it, weld it and machine it for the cost of a Wyatt box......that's why I'm asking if the Wyatt box works.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MHO has just had one fitted to his 308 project. He should be using it around now and may be back to comment soon.

His smith commented on the flimsy follower.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
David Christman threw mine away and modified a factory one.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote