New
Find
Notify
Tools

stock for a push feed win 70 458
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a push feed m/70 458. It has a barrel mounted 2nd recoil lug. Is there a drop in synthetic or laminated stock out there that will handle the recoil of the 458?
e

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1229 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i ordered and received a boyds' jrs sporter style pepper laminate stock for the .416 taylor that tip burns is building for me..... boyd's didn't have any limitations on the size of the caliber...and tip tells me that the stock looks good...i think a good action bedding job is necessary in a heavy recoiling gun....ive got a boyd's catalog if you want it....on tip's advice i did not use a B&C brand synthetic...macmillan offers a very nice synthetic for your m70.... i think its around $350 or so...i went with a boyds stock because mainly because it was available for the p17 enfield im using and a macmillan was not

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Jimcat

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1229 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote