Find
Notify
Tools

Help with ring height
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
I just picked up two Remington 700 ADL at WalMart on clearance they are clean barrels with no iron sights. One is 30-06 the other is .243 I will be topping these both with a Nikon 3x9x40 Monarch with Leupold rings and bases.What is the perfect ring height for this combo?

Thanks All Ted

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Ted.

Great scope choice. Go to Leupold's web and check their on-line ring height calculator. It's been very helpful for me.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buliwyf but there is only one problem with this and I have had it bite me once in the past. The leupold data is for thier scopes and the objective major dia. of a Nikon is bigger than a leupy. also lengths vary and angle tangent points vary from Nikon to Leupold. I used the calculator last fall and my rings were to low.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any quality Medium height rings should work just fine , for a 40 MM objective .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote