New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any shotgun gunsmiths?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I may be looking for some stock or rib work on my Browning skeet gun.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Can you be a little more specific as to what you need? I may be able to help.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure! I bought a Browning skeet gun (tubed set). The stock is too high for me to get my usual "stacked beads". It seems that one can get an "add on rib" fitted to the existing rib. This may eliminate the need for stock work on the comb. I may also need another recoil pad fitted (or the existing one modified). Still researching options though.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I could modify your stock, but I'd recommend you find a smith you can work with face-to-face to get the best fit. If you want to try an add-on rib you can check out this site: Keen Sights

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Try changing the pitch. Unscrew the pad and install washers between the pad and stock at the heel and see if your view doesn't change. The more you add the more the view should change. Don't forget to loosen the toe screw while you are building out the heel. If the view improves, recut the stock at that angle and fit a new pad. Just a thought...

That of course is only good to push the muzzle downward. If you need to raise the muzzle to obtain the correct alignment, then you will need to add the washers to the toe instead.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
westpac did just what he is talking about to my CZ redhead shotgun, it came out great, now when I pull the gun up I look right across the top of the gun and just see a bead, before I was looking down on the barrel and seeing the bead. fortunatly this gun had a thin recoil pad, so westpac was able to cut the top of the stock a 1/4" or so and install a decelerator

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks westpac! I had absolutely not thought of that. It makes sense.
Peter.