New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Tooley Gunsmith?
 Login/Join

<DOC>
posted
Has anyone had any dealings with Mr. Tooley or know of anyone who has? I am considering having him do some work for me and would like to see what kind of reputation he holds.

DOC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave Tooley is one of the best 1000 yard gun builders around and has a sterling reputation among the precision rifle crowd. He is one of the few that I would pay to do gun work for me!

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
<John Lewis>
posted
Dave is an excellent riflesmith and a nice guy. I second what John Ricks said, he would be one of a handful of smiths that I would have do work for me if I couldn't do it myself.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey DOC, Mr. Tooley's shop (basement of his beautiful house) is quite a place to visit. Last time I was there he had one other guy working with him and they were booked out pretty far.

There is one of his rifles nearly within spitting distance of me as I type this out - very well executed.

Expect to pay for HIGH Quality, reliability and l-o-n-g range accuracy potential.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Now, were talking...

Mr Tooley is a true gentlemen and a damn good rifle smith. When it comes to 1000 yard guns there is none that can beat him. I have a friend who were sold on Jarret rifles before he got a rifle from Tooley. Now, there is no rifles from Jarrett in that house anymore [Big Grin]
Tooleys shop is clean like a surgery room.

I know Dave is well booked, get in line [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently looked at a new 16.5lb rifle built by Tooley and it was a very nicely done rifle. I hate to hear of these surgically clean shops. Mine often looks more like a train wreck! I was gratified to see one barrel makers shop that was much worse! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
He is also a man of his word. I bought some expensive special cases from him once. When they arrived I was short 10. I called him and he immediately made it right.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean Bill. I usually have at least a dozen projects on the go, and my workshop looks like it. Oh well, at least I (usually) know where everything is. - Dan

[ 10-03-2002, 19:32: Message edited by: dan belisle ]

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<John Lewis>
posted
Bill and Dan, you should see my shop. I keep about 75 projects on the go at all times. I can keep up with where everything is, but not keep the shop clean too. Just too busy. If I could just have about five more hours in the day....

<JOHAN>
posted
Gringos and Gentlemen

Here is a link to Mr Tooley, Enjoy [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

http://www.tooleyrifles.com/

/ JOHAN