Find
Notify
Tools

Pac-Nor, Savage ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
popcorn A forum buddy of mine let me know that Pac -Nor is also supplying threaded and chambered swap out barrels for the Savage rifles. First off have any here gone that route? If so can you advise me of how they compare or contrast to the Shaw barrels of this persuation?

So far I've swaped out three Savage barrels with the Shaw barrels but have had no experience with the Pac-Nors. Thank you for you anticipated help. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I would like the read how you were satisfied with Shaw barrels. It would be good to read a current first hand experience.

The reason I suggest this is because many years ago I had a very unsatiafactory experience with Shaw and wrote them off for life. However I continue to try to be open minded, so I would like to read something favorable about their products, if possible. Wink I'm not talking about price, I'm talking about something worth messing with.

I have several barrels form Pac-Nor, and I am a difficult customer. So far, I have not had a reason to be dissatisfied with Pac-Nor for any reason - including delivery time, working with unusual requests, special chambers, special contours, pre-chambered, etc., but most importantly, accuracy. All the barrels they made for me are accurate. But then all my Shilen, and Douglas, and Lilja, and Loather Walther barrels are accurate too. Humm.

If I wanted a replacement barrel for a Savage rifle, Pac-Nor would be a good choice, I'm sure. I think Loather Walther is making Savage barrels too. Anything but Shaw. Big Grin

KB.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
X2 on PAC-NOR! I have several of their barrels and am pleased with them. As was said, their delivery time and customer service are top notch. They sent me a pre-thread, pre-chambered barrel for .204 Ruger and it was short chambered (I had no reamer). When I called them, they said that I had three choices;(1) they would send me a new barrel, (2) send them my barrel and action and they would fit for no charge, (3) they would send me the reamer and gauges. I took option 3. Great people, good product.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kabluewy:
I would like the read how you were satisfied with Shaw barrels. It would be good to read a current first hand experience.

The three Shaw barrels I screwed on so far were a 6.5x55, a 250-3000 and a 7.62x41.These are light weight 24" barrels intended for hunting. All three at this point have a little less than 300 rounds through them and are making 1 1/2" to 2" groups at 100 yds.Not great but OK for hunting.

Had hopes that someone would give me some impetous to go out and buy a Pac-Nor. fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Somewhere in my packed boxes (we are moving this week) there is a 26" PacNor Supermatch 1:10 twist, 3 groove, tight necked 22-250 barrel prethreaded for a Savage.

We did a group buy of over 40 PacNor barrels on SavageShooters.com over a year ago and everyone reported great performance from them. I'm probably the only guy who hasn't shot his barrel yet.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Somewhere in my packed boxes (we are moving this week) there is a 26" PacNor Supermatch 1:10 twist, 3 groove, tight necked 22-250 barrel prethreaded for a Savage.

We did a group buy of over 40 PacNor barrels on SavageShooters.com over a year ago and everyone reported great performance from them. I'm probably the only guy who hasn't shot his barrel yet.

Frank,If you would like me to screw that barrel on one of my actions and test it for you let me know. That would make a nice Saterday morning drive for me.

Just curious ;why a 10 twist rather than let's say a 9 twist? fishingroger

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
quote:

Frank,If you would like me to screw that barrel on one of my actions and test it for you let me know. That would make a nice Saterday morning drive for me.

Just curious ;why a 10 twist rather than let's say a 9 twist? fishingroger

I built it to shoot the 50 grain Barnes Varmint Grenade which is about the same length as a 65-68 grain lead bullet, so I figured that a 10" twist is as fast as I needed.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bartsche:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fjold:
I built it to shoot the 50 grain Barnes Varmint Grenade which is about the same length as a 65-68 grain lead bullet, so I figured that a 10" twist is as fast as I needed.

Tejon Ranch area? fishingroger

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:

Tejon Ranch area? fishingroger

Condor country, all of central California except for the area between Hwy 99 and the coastal range.

Frank