New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 77/22 Hornet Rechambering
 Login/Join

<Reddman>
posted
I am considering having my Ruger 77/22 rechambered to the KHornet and a couple of members have suggested using Connecticut Percision Chambering for this.
My questions?? Is this a good reliable firm to do this work and does anyone have further input on this modification?? I would like to have more than a couple of recommendations.
Reddman reddman@brmemc.net

<daveinmt>
posted
I can highly reccomend CPC. They rechambered my 77/22Hornet VBZ,and I am very satisfied with the job. In addition to the rechamber job, I had the trigger worked over and the bolt halves tightened. Well worth the cost. If memory serves, this was all included in a package.

I had a local gunsmith rechamber this rifle first, and it shot miserably, so I shipped to CPC. Now it will consistantly shoot ~0.75 inches for 5-shots @ 100 yards, with 35 Vmaxs and L-gun. Results on our local grond squirrels are very impressive, it tears them up pretty much as well as my 222.

Good luck.

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a better idea. Boat anchor that Ruger and re-rifle your 22hornet chamber to a CZ 527 Classic.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
<Lightnin>
posted
Another Ruger basher. How many have you owned?

<JBelk>
posted
lightning----

Why is it "bashing" when the truth is told?

I have owned somewhere around two dozen Ruger rifles and have several now. I've worked on hundreds. Most have serious problems and some can't be fixed.

Howard is right. I emailed you a comprehensive article written on personal experience with several of these rifles and published in VH magazine (#22).

The Ruger 22H is a cute rifle that was a great idea but didn't work. Get a CZ-527 and have a nice rifle that DOES work.

If you want to spend a LOT of time, effort, and money on a Ruger 22H, go right ahead. The article tells you everything that should be done and tested for it to have the best chance of success......but don't count on it.

I THINK (haven't tried it) what would solve the problem is to make a single shot out of it and make a new forward bolt section with a centered firing pin. It's certainly NOT worth the effort.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lightening I suppose you could spend the money and rechamber, you will then have inproved crap.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote