New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broken rifle.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My friends old double got banged up last year when he got splattered by a buffalo. The rifle does have a bit of wear, but after he got run over the rifle doesnt reliably cock. Know I know this isn't a high end H&H, but I think it still would have some value if repaired. It looks to me like grooves that the cocking arm rides in and pulls against in the reciever have been worn/gouged when the rifle was forced open upon impact.

I am looking for someone that could maybe TIG them up and re-cut them???????

Any ideas?

You can see in the pictures the wear.....the areas circled in red are where the damage / wear is.

Posts: 41869 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a restoration gunsmith in Alabama or Miss that repairs old firearms that could do this.
There is also a guy that repairs the Browning over and under salt guns by TIG welding. He has videos on youtube.

Salt Gun restoration

Arts Gun Shop

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The cocking cams do not appear to be damaged; those are the extensions below the buggered up places. Look at the forearm hanger; that is most likely the damaged area. You might not need as much repair as you think. The damaged areas in the photo do not do the cocking if this is the action design I think it is. Coil mainsprings through the body.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote