THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show Us Your Custom Gun Projects...........
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This photo album has pictures of a few guns I've built for myself over the past few years....... RVB Photo Album

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. Looks like you are very busy and rightfully so.
Roger

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was trying to learn how to re barrel, he took a picture of his lathe spider and posted it:

He posted this spider picture

My brother built a spider based on the above picture

I then bought a lathe and built a spider based on both of the above

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good. What lathe did you end up buying?

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother got a new Jet 13x36 with accesories that was dammaged in shipment, and he got for half price. His first lathe project was making new lathe handles.

I got a 1967 Clausing 5914 that is about the same size. I got it an an auction with hundreds of pounds of tooling.

We got a bunch of $50 surplus Mausers and Nagants from BIG5, and have been sporterizing and rebarreling for the three or four years since you posted that picture for us.

Thanks.

We have only finished 9 rifles, but there are dozens in process.

I can put a milling machine verticle crank handle on my spider, and it helps me in making small threaded parts.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote