New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope mounts interchangeability
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Another member stated that Burris Twist lock scope mounts are interchangeable and can be used with Leupold bases, if this is correct would it be safe to say that other major manufacturers twist lock type scope mounts are also interchangeable with each other; ie Millet/Leupold/burris/redfield?????

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
I havent had any problems with swaping bases or rings, Burris ,Leupold , Redfield or Millet.

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
They are all interchangeable to some degree, however, keep in mind that some ring dimensions that swage the base out when they are first installed, may not permit the use of another ring. As long as the ring and the base are new, it shouldn't matter which one you decide to use. Leupold tends to be the most obnoxious and overkilled of the bunch that I've used as far as the force that it takes to initially install the rings onto the bases.
The original design was developed by a fellow that's name escapes me, but Redfield ran with it many years ago, and the rest followed.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote