Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff Mauser 98 30'06
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Since there is a lot of general question on firearms here, I thought I would post these pictures. Has anyone seen this rifle in the last year? I blundered a purchase of this gun and was wondering if it had surfaced again. What does anyone know about it, and what would you think it was worth. If the owner still has it and wants to sell, please contact me!

It is a fabulous Krieghoff built on a Mauser 98 action. Action floorplate, trigger gaurd, and a little of the barrel are nicely engraved. The barrel is octagon half the way with a raised and engraved rib. The stock ends in a perfect schnabel and has a fit steel buttplate. The action, buttplate are color case hardened. The gun was 90-95% with a perfect bore.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a rifle quite similar to that in 9.3x62, mine is by Wm. Oschatz of Potsdam, is not engraved, but has far nicer wood, a rounded pistol grip and claw mounts with an old scope that still works. It shoots the S&B factory ammo into bugholes at 100M and I am told it was made in 1927.

I have seen a Kreighoff like this in '06 here in Vancouver, but, some sub-cretinous imbecile had d&t'ed the receiver and plopped on an EAW sidemount.....I damned near wept.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want one!!!

Smiler

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
http://www.bobjonesguns.com had either a Krieghoff or a Merkel similar to the one pictured not too long ago.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
While working our a deal on this rifle my computer crashed. By the time I got the CPU back up and on my e-mail, the dealer had sold the rifle for less than I was offering. I was enraged.

I will always consider this my blunder!

D

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
i don't know where that one is... but i know where one in just as good a condition is... Wink

It's not as heavily engraved and it's an old Sauer in 30-06 with oct bbl and full interal rib!

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I think I can say we would all be interested in looking at it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
HOrrible engraving.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, these are actually kinda gross, I think that I will have mine both re-blued in a highgloss finish and re-stocked to resemble an early 60's Winslow "Plainsmaster"....that will look real cool, Bubba............

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
kutenay: I think that I will have mine both re-blued in a highgloss finish and re-stocked to resemble an early 60's Winslow "Plainsmaster"

clap and don't forget white plastic spacers and a vented recoil pad, and of course drill & tap for aluminum Weaver scope bases!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe there is a similar gun by Ferlach on Guns America now.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ferlach

I am bias. I love the rifle I missed, but that Ferlach just doesn't do it for me. SOmething to modern looking about it for me?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember looking (on the net) at a Krieghoff a lot like this one but don’t remember the background. Can you tell me who the dealer was that originally had it for sale? Do you remember if it was marked “Buffalo-Modelâ€. You can write me at mjpetrov@acsalaska.net and leave contact information, never can tell when or where it will turn up.

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Michael---

I was so upset about it that I actually did not keep the information. The gun was listed on GunsAmerica for about a year, then I started looking at it and the action went nuts on the gun. I wish I could help, but I would love to find it. The gun was not listed as "Buffalo-Model" but I have little to go on. I cannot find the other pictures I have of the rifle, but it was hot. I personally loved the relief engraving on the gun. The trigger gaurd was nicely sculpted etc etc....

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
This is wherw I kick myself. the rifle I posted was $1400!!!!

I think it is a better gun of earlier date than the one currently on GunBroker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The GunsAmerica link I posted if from a rifle sold a long time ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
333_OKH,
I have a similar one in 7X57 with "H. Krieghoff Gun and Rifle Manufacturer" on the barrel. The barrel is a half round half octagon with a full lenght rib. It has an extended tang with a flip up peep sight that was mated into the tang. Mine needs some metal work and a new stock. The old stock was somewhat butchered. It does not have the Lyman 35 sight though and no engraving. BTW, the engraving is very typical of those done in that era ( and looks good to me) and certainly the photos are not of the quality to evaluate engraving or make any kind of value judgement.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
do you know how to research past postings on GunsAmerica? I would love to look the one I missed up again?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
do you know how to research past postings on GunsAmerica? I would love to look the one I missed up again?

I had that link saved and it still works, other than that, no. MP