Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping barrel from Europe to US.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted
I am pretty sure that there is no special paperwork needed to ship/import just a barrel from Europe to the US, but would like to double check.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Lou:
I am pretty sure that there is no special paperwork needed to ship/import just a barrel from Europe to the US, but would like to double check.

I wouldn’t bet on that. You should contact US Customs and the BATF for an answer first.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In europe they consider the barrel the firearm and not action so you better check.

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In europe they consider the barrel the firearm and not action so you better check.

In Scandinavia barrels, actions and bolts are the firearms. You need to apply for a license to obtain either of them.

Jim

PROUD MEMBER OF DRSS!!

Posts: 95 | Location: Sweden, Europe | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I am glad I asked.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
The German Lothar Walther site has a lot of helpful information and they are even fast to respond to questions via e-mail than the US site. I am sure they will be very helpful. I had a lot of information pour from them to me. They know a lot about the history behind the profiles they sale. Such as the 5125 5130 and even the bavarian classic. History on those profiles go back over 100 years.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks...

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Jimbo#1, et al., according to ATF there is NO paperwork needed because the part does not have a serial number. clap