Find
Notify
Tools

Question about an Anschutz rifle
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Gents
I have inherited my late father in laws Anschutz rifle. Its a little worn and my plan is to fix it up and present it to my young son. I have a few questions about it and hope you can help me.
The calibre is .222, there are proof marks on the barrel with the number 64. I'm assuming the 64 is the year of manufacture however I cannot find the model number. The best I can conclude is that its either a model 1740D/St OR 1743D/St. I have tracked down a second hand stock that is in better condition the the one it has now and the seller states that it will fit the 1700 series rifles however it has a Schnabel fore end. The stock on my rifle doesn't have that feature. Can anyone hazzard a guess if it will in fact fit a stock made for the 1700 series rifles?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a model 64 action, which I believe equates to what they sell as the 17xx series.

There's a fairly active Anschutz forum @ http://www.rimfirecentral.com/...orumdisplay.php?f=16

I'm sure they can answer your questions.

-nosualc

ps - Lucky son!

Beware the fury of an aroused democracy. -Ike

Posts: 124 | Location: land of sky blue waters | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks mate, I'll ceck them out.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote