New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone in Atlanta GA... ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone in greater (huge) Atlanta know of a gunsmith or someone that has a borescope. I have a barrl that I have to get a look at, and a case of beer and a tank of gas is cheaper than forking over the $800 for a borescope of my own.

Please let me know if you know of one.

Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts!

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bennett's Custom had one a few years ago when I was in there.

(770)638-8982

They're on Lawrenceville Hwy in Lilburn.

Haven't been there in quite a while so you better give them a call. They used to be open on Tue and Thurs evenings.

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John Lewis has 1 but he is at Beech Island S.C.About 2 hours east. I'll look up his link if you don't find anyone else.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Jack Bennett was an excellent gunsmith but his shop on HWY 29 (Lawrenceville HWY) has been closed for at least 3 years. I had several guns works on, then went back for some more work and the shop was closed. I don't know if he moved or went to work for somebody else or what.

I have never been there, but I heard Roger Ferrell (sp?) of Rogers Gun Works is a very good gunsmith. I think his shop is in Fayetteville.

If anyone knows where Jack Bennett works, I sure would like to know.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote