New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shilen trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm having my prairie dog rifle re-barreled and action blue printed. I'm already spending over $1,00.00 and don't want to pop for a Jewel trigger, don't desire 2 oz. or so on this rifle anyway. My gunsmith has recommended a Shilen trigger. Does anybody have any experience with the Shilen trigger for a Remington 700?

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That should have read over $1,000.00. $1150.00 to be exact plus what I spend on a trigger. I do want 1/2 or 3/4 pound pull.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Shilen triggers are very good. I have used them in Remington 700's.

Basically they have taken the Remington design, and used highquality steel parts and good assembly.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, the Shilen trigger itself does not come with a safety. NE450, could you reuse the Remington factory safety parts, did you use a different safety or did you do without all together??

Another option (cheaper than the Jewell) is Rifle Basics trigger. They are supposedly pretty decent triggers. Btw, splashing out on a Jewell may seem a lot of $$$ now, but after a while, it will be the right decision.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
Another option (cheaper than the Jewell) is Rifle Basics trigger. They are supposedly pretty decent triggers. Btw, splashing out on a Jewell may seem a lot of $$$ now, but after a while, it will be the right decision.

- mike

Amen on the Rifle Basix triggers. I have six of them installed on rifles and all have very crisp breaks. I'm buying them now where I used to buy Timney's, which are good too. But, I'm leaning toward the RB triggers now. I think their breaks are just a tad better...
Speaking of good triggers, I was just out shooting a new acquisition this morning, an old Winchester Model 54 in 22 Hornet. The trigger is terrible... Big Grin

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Shilen trigger is great. I have a few Jewels, but will only buy Shilens from now on for my Remingtons.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I went ahead and told him to put on the Shilen 2 oz. Don't need the safety for my style of shooting ( off a bench ).