THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber M84 feeding problem finally fixed!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been working on getting my Kimbers to feed correctly. I understand this has been a problem on more than a few of the the M84 rifles. Thinking I had it fixed, it started have problems in the field again. Took it apart tonight and studied the follower, spring, and magazine for the umpteenth time. Then noticed that the bottom of the feed rails were not both cut in a straight line. One rail line (where the top of the case rests against the bottom of the action rails as it raises),jogger over about 1/16", creating a pivot point right in the middle of the case. I simply took a fine flat file and filed the jog out of it to remove the pivot point, and it now feeds like corn through a Goose! Did the same to my other Kimber, as it was machined the same, and it works perfectly. Took about 15 seconds of filing for each rifle. Appears Kimber needs to reset their milling machine settings. Hope some of you find this helpful info.

beer

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote