New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH Rem700 feed problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
LH 700Rem LA in6.5X06 will feed first round but not the second.Is the follower different for LH vs RH actions?

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
The follower is the same if memory serves. I would be willing to bet you have the mag box installed incorrectly. Take it out of the stock, compress the mag box and slip it into place. Then slide the stock carefully over the top, drop in the floor plate assembly with the floor plate open and re-install the stock bolts. When you look inside from the floor plate opening the mag box walls should be spaced equally along the feed rails. If one side is markedly closer than the other the mag box is cocked. If that doesn't work you may have a magnum mag box in it.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.Its an ADL so ill eliminate the floorplate step.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bend the upper & lower mag spring legs to a capital "W" configuration compared to the pigeon toed stock configuration.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 426 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THAT di9d it!!Thanks.