New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can .410's be fired in some rifles?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Could one fire 410 shot shells in some rifles? T/C made some 45 Colts that would fire 410's and this link indicates has some data on 444 dimensions.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/410reloading.html

I was really thinking of the Spartan 45-70 and the shotshells.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe it is possible to fire .410’s in a 45-70...whether or not it is practical, safe, or good for your rifle is probably open to debate.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've fired a .410 shell (1) in my Guide Gun, the rim size won't catch the extractor and you'll have to pry it out with something.

I do have a load using a .410 shot cup, some Unique, #8 birdshot and a .410 cardboard over wad in my Ruger #1 in .405 Winchester. The rifling blows the pattern shreds at 10 yards. It actually has a pretty good density in the center, then a ring shaped hole and then a dense fringe of shot ( think of a picture of the planet Saturn), but I think it'd still wreck a snake's day. Wink Big Grin

ymmv

Rick R
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 162 | Location: On top of a mountain in WV | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage99:
Could one fire 410 shot shells in some rifles? T/C made some 45 Colts that would fire 410's and this link indicates has some data on 444 dimensions.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/410reloading.html

I was really thinking of the Spartan 45-70 and the shotshells.

I have seen them fired in trapdoor Springfields....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote