Find
Notify
Tools

Standard 98 416 Rigby for sale!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.gunsinternational.c...43A-853165E97FD8F170

This gun is a bit different from Selby's. The front ring isn't milled out from 12 O'clock to three O'clock. Just a cut at 3 O'clock for, I assume, ejection. I will make a call to try and get some info. The modifications to my Wiebe 4MXJ bottom metal are almost complete. It will hold 4 416 Rigby rounds down, but will not quite close on the fourth. This is just like Selby's did. However Wiebe's unit seems deeper and narrower, so I won't be getting quite the look of Selby's gun. I wish that I had viewed the rife for sale at G.I. before I started this mess.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This gun has a King Street address. Selby's gun has a Pall Mall address. Which rifle was made first?

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
The modifications to my Wiebe 4MXJ bottom metal are almost complete. It will hold 4 416 Rigby rounds down, but will not quite close on the fourth. This is just like Selby's did. However Wiebe's unit seems deeper and narrower, so I won't be getting quite the look of Selby's gun.

Why don't you shorten the box on the Wiebe unit so that you get the same depth as Selbys as you are not going to get 4 down anyway?

Of course you may have to relocate the trigger-guard as well.

I remember Selby's rifle's stock having a lot of drop, but not as much as the rifle on GI. That stock looks painful!

I can't wait to see your rifle. Do you have any progress photos?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No photo's yet. I can ask my gunmaker if he wants to.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Westley Richards is sending my Gunmaker some photo's of their rifle, including pics of the feed ramp etc. Very exciting!!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a very cool undertaking. As it all comes together I would love to hear more details and see pictures.

Of course, get it stocked to fit you perfectly; it doesn't matter what anyone else says about the lines. They are not paying for it, and they do not have to shoot it.

I am green with envy Big Grin

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote