New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 70 Trigger Help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an older New Haven Model 70 Coyote Lite. Factory trigger was too heavy, so I bought a replacement spring and lowered the weight to about 2 lbs. Worked fine - I thought - until I engaged and released the safety. The weight went up about 3-4 oz! I played around again and again and the the results are conistent - engaging/releasing the safety increases the trigger pull. Has anyone experienced this? Any idea what is causin =g this? I'm assuming replacing the trigger will solve this. am I correct? Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that did it. Now if I replace the trigger do you think this will still be the case?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The trick on lots of model 70's that I've seen is easing the safety off after the loading procedure above.

Offered respectfully:

-just my humble two cents, but that procedure there is cause enough for me to dump a rifle.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The cocking piece to sear relationship is out of whack. This is fixed by surface grinding the cocking piece, sear, & trigger surfaces and timing the safety so that when the safety is let off the cocking piece mates to the sear the in a consistent manner.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote