THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Open sites for a stainless steel barrel and action

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open sites for a stainless steel barrel and action
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
I have a Weatherby Mark V in stainless. It has a short barrel

I would lie to have open sites put on it; I want a hooded front site.

My question is this: can this be done? Who can do the work. And what is an estimate for this type of work.

Thanks for your time.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Anyone can do it, New England Custom guns in New Hampshire is both a supplier and gunsmith of what you require. I'd send it to them. Price $400-1800 depending on what you want.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a stainless banded front sight the ones for Ruger Number 1 can be had from Midway. The sizes are limited and may need some polish and cut for the hood but are a starting point. And they are inexpensive!
They also have the barrel band sling swivel in SS.

Mark

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before you put stainless sights on make sure you can see stainless sight. I found out the hard way I can't.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote