THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Just finished Titanium Walkaround rifle....photos

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just finished Titanium Walkaround rifle....photos
 Login/Join

<RVB>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
How much does it weigh, bbl length etc?

How does it shoot?

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
<RVB>
posted
7.5 pounds with scope and mounts. 22" barrel. Haven't shot it yet.........

one of us
posted Hide Post
The rifle looks great. There are however, a couple of things that you may have overlooked.

1. Somebody painted your wood stock black.

2. Someone drilled holes in the end of your barrel.

3. They forget to blue the metal and left it in "the white"

Just kidding. [Big Grin] Nice rifle. I actually own a couple of stainless/synthetic rifles as well. Kind of like a fat & ugly girl. They can be fun, but you don't want your friends to see you with one.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why the muzzle brake? Wouldn't you be better off with the extra length in barrel?

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why the muzzle break on an .257 Roberts Ackley?

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the idea that you can turn the muzzle brake on and off. Does your point of impact change much when you do this? Just curious.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not so much why the muzzlebrake but rather do they work on a light recoiling cartridge such as a .257 Roberts?

Thanks

jim

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not know why there is a brake on this particular rifle, but some people like a muzzle brake on a light recoiling gun so that they can see their bullet strike the target without the interfering rifle movement caused by recoil. On a 223 I can see my bullets strike prarie dogs, but I am not sure that I could with a hot loaded 257. The muzzle brake may make it possible again.

Just an idea.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
No offense here. But a muzzlebreak on a 257 Roberts. Consult with a doctor. You might need to get your balls reattached [Smile]

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alvinmack5:
No offense here. But a muzzlebreak on a 257 Roberts. Consult with a doctor. You might need to get your balls reattached [Smile]

ROTFLMAO [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
My S/S Model Seven 7SAUM weighs 7.96lbs. That with the issue heavy contoured 22" tube,Leupold DD XP-100 1pc base/rings and a Leupold 3.5-10x 40mm A/O and a swirled McMillan Remington Mountain Rifle patterned stock with a Decelerator.

-

Will swap out that scope and base/ring setup,to alloy Talley once they are in production and a Leupie 6x42mm(sans A/O). That should get it easily under 7.75lbs and likely lighter than that. The scope swap will save 2.5oz or better and the Talley's weigh sub 2oz(as my 700 alloy Talley's weigh 2oz on the money and the 7's rear base will be shorter/lighter yet). I never weighed the XP setup,but am positive they are 5oz or better,as regular Rem 700 2pc DD's with low rings average a smidge over 4oz.

Long way of sayin',I'm much suprised your Ti based rifle weighs that much. Be curious to know what the brake weighs?...............

(Not enough Coffee this AM,brake not break)

[ 02-17-2003, 21:44: Message edited by: Big Stick ]