New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rings for weaver bases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got a rifle I need to test some loads with . Its got weaver bases that are fit to it.

All I have is luepold ,redfield, windage type rings and bases. nothing will work less I get some dove tail extension front ring for my 2x7 luepy scope

Get some warnes rings? What else?

Might put some Talleys on after I stock it.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know they're not very fashionable but regular weaver rings work as well as anything.

posted Hide Post
Burris Z Rings are nice.If you want to do it on the cheap try the Leupy Rifleman rings

Posts: 15 | Location: Up there | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weaver rings and mounts are all I ever used. Up to my 450 Ackely

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pick up some Weaver Quad Locks at Walmart if highs are ok. They cost $9 and are excellent. So are the regular Weaver rings.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kechika:
Burris Z Rings are nice.If you want to do it on the cheap try the Leupy Rifleman rings

I have noticed that they are making these in a QR now also. I have used the old style and liked them real well. I have switched to Warnes for no paticular reason other than I like the way they look and you can still use a weaver style base.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im just tryin to sgronge shit that I already have to go to the range. Got some kind of aluminum 2 piece rings on weaver bases on a for sale rifle , I think i'll try . Big Grin

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW-
I'm just completing a lightweight mountain rifle--I was surprised to find that the standard alum. weaver bases and standard "old school" rings ("tip off", they have screws on one side that holds down a band that goes over the top) was the lightest setup of any that I tried (Leupold and redfield windage adj, double dovetails, even the weaver bases with Burris zees...)

In addition, the standard low Weavers set much lower than the Burris Zee lows.

Light, no protrusions, low mounting and cheap. I guess I was just beein' snooty not using them more before.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote