Find
Notify
Tools

cz 527 rings
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted
I need some rings for my new cz. Besides CZ who makes rings to fit? I've seen the Millett, Burris, and Leupolds and don't really like the looks of any of them. Haven't seen the CZ rings in person though. Any others out there? And what are your rings of choice & why?
Thanks

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try to learn to like the looks of them.

Unless CZ has improved their rings in the past few months, they are a VERY rough matte finish and blocky with a very obvious company logo engraved.

You may need high rings regardless of what scope you use as bolt clearance is skimpy on the 527s.

Posts: 612 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
I'm not knowledgable about every ring on the market but my CZ rings are made to index differently than any others I have ever used. One ring has a small indexing, recoil feature that mates with the CZ rifle. I'm looking at mine right now and they look just fine. Maybe they could be a little lighter but they are big and strong like Bull. And the rifle likes em too.It shoots small groups. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Warne makes some too though they look much like the others. I have Millet rings on my 2 527s.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the cz 527 you can use the South African made lynx rings as well. I have these on my cz 527 and they work very well, rifle is a .22 Hornet.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
"I have Millet rings on my 2 527s." Are there decided advantages of the Millet rings over the supplied CZ rings? roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
The CZ doesn't come with rings. And unfortunately, the dealer doesn't have any either. I've never been too keen on the way the milletts attach. It seems too easy to get out of alignment.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nidway has burris cz527 rings in stock & midsouth has them on order..nt 527 loves 60 gr speer h pts , 50 speer fb, 50 hornady fb & 50 sierra fb.. all sub .5" with h335 or h4895..

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote