New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Stock recommendations for BDL-SS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You can buy a black and grey laminated stock directly from Remington - their LSS stock. It will come completely finished, albeit in their gloss finish, and have a recoil pad already installed.

Go to www.remington.com and follow the links to the Parts list for M700's, it's an Adobe PDF file - scroll through until you find stocks. I think they are in the mid-200 dollar range.

You can order by phone - just make sure to tell the parts person what caliber your rifle is so the stock will have the proper size barrel channel.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents, I have a Rem 700 BDL-SS in 300RUM and I'm thinking about getting a different stock for it. The factory one seems a little too light and "plasticy" for my taste.

I'm looking for an aftermarket stock that is medium weight, feels solid, either black fiberglass or pepper laminate (preferred), requires little to no prep work to drop in the action, and won't require me selling another gun to buy it. I've been eyeing the Boyd's JRS Classic, but have no experience with their products. Any comments on this stock or suggestions for others would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Gents, I have a Rem 700 BDL-SS in 300RUM and I'm thinking about getting a different stock for it. The factory one seems a little too light and "plasticy" for my taste.

I'm looking for an aftermarket stock that is medium weight, feels solid, either black fiberglass or pepper laminate (preferred), requires little to no prep work to drop in the action, and won't require me selling another gun to buy it. I've been eyeing the Boyd's JRS Classic, but have no experience with their products. Any comments on this stock or suggestions for others would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jethro,

I have three HS Precision stocks on my M700's and I think you'd like them. New ones are between $250 & $300, depending on the exact model and source. I saw a used one (short action) in the classifieds here for $170 not long ago. I've had several of those "flexible flyer" lightweight F/G stocks and have tossed them all.

One of my HS Precision stocks, in a BDL long action, is laying around "loose". It belongs to my 6.5-300 bench gun, but right now I have that barreled action sitting in the Shehane BR stock for shooting off the rests.

The big barrel channel would accomodate any sporter or magnum barrel profile and so your rifle would drop in. I don't want to part with it, but if you want to plug your barreled action in to this spare stock to "cop a feel", you'd be welcome to. Give me a call if that would help.

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote