New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conetrol Rings & Bases
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for feedback on these, good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks

Pole

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
their low rings sit lower on a rifle then any other low ring combo. They are very light and extremely strong. You can rest assured that no scope will slip in these. Cons: They.can be a pain to mount and align reticles but once done they stay there and they are as attactive a ring as you can find. If you buy the higher priced rings they have a small set screw which will make your life easier when putting them on.

Working on my ISIS strategy....FORE

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like them and always have, definately not the cheapest mount setup out there but they are a nice touch on the right rifle.

I have a set and they are what I am installing on my custom model 70 I am in the process of building. My smith thinks they are overpriced, we often disagree on mounts though, he tends to be much cheaper than this than I am, and I favor looks and performance first and price as the tailing consideration.

You didn't go into your rifles details, these wouldn't be my first choice on a heavy recoiling rifle, 30 mag or thereabouts is what these were designed for. If your looking at mounts for a very heavy recoiling rifle I would look at other options.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are very good looking and although can be a pain to put on, if I can do it so can you! Smiler

They are well made and nothing out there looks better IMHO.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have these rings on a secondhand scope I bought. Do I need to buy conetrol bases for them?

One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

I can second all of the above comments regarding Conetrol scope mounts. I have them on a Win M70 30-06 holding a Leupold 3.5x10. They are elegant, stout, light, and hold tight. They also allow windage adjustment. They are also expensive and a pain in the neck to install. I wouldn't be afraid to mount them on a heavy recoiler.

To Josywales: Yes, if you have Conetrol rings, you will need Conetrol bases to mount them. Check here.

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love mine. The low is very low. I bought the higher priced sculptured bases and the lass expensive huntur rings and they match beautifully.

There are copies out there, like Gentry, but I would go strictly Conetrol.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent for the guy who puts them on and leaves them there...I only use Talley quick detachables as I want the option of iron sights available...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42157 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote