New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about changing the bolt face.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If you wanted to go from a standard magnum bolt face(say 7mm rem. mag.) to an '06(.273") size bolt face, what would that normally cost? Would there be any real problems doing that? Thanks.

Posts: 174 | Location: texas | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I charge $125 to do it on a Rem 700, 721, 722 and so on. The problem is that the ejector angle is a little high and it makes the brass hit the scope a little. Not the end of the world.

Posts: 135 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 07 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I depends on the type/make of rifle. Mausers and model 70's would take a bit of welding and remachining of bolt and also a new extractor; about a $150 job. On the other hand, a remington 700 or 721, etc, would necessitate a Sako extractor conversion for $125. I don't know how else you would do it with the current extractor for the magnum being retained.

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My friend just exchanged the extractor on his M70 push-feed mag to make it work on med cases. He shoots single shot and dosen't need it to work prefectly.

Posts: 135 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 07 September 2003Reply With Quote