New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hartmann & Weiss Mauser Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody have any info on Hartmann & Weiss? I have a friend looking for a mauser action from them to base a custom rifle on. I did a google search but just came up with books about guns or guns for sale.

I'm going to post this in the African forum also since it gets so many hits.

Thanks,

Shannon

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If their Mausers are anything like their side-by-side shotguns your friend can expect excellence. They build only best quality guns.

Posts: 111 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Shannon,
What caliber is he going to build? YOu might have him check out Montana Rifle Co. the price is right!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I would not even consider spending the money for a HW mauser action and then have another gunmaker build the rifle. Either suck it up and have HW complete the rifle on their action, or (my preference) have Ralf Martini of Martini & Hagn build the rifle on another action. Ralf can build a rifle virtually indistinguishable from the HW for less than half the price.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Right now he's in the mood for the .416 Rigby. I'll check out the website you gave.

Thanks for the info!

Shannon

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote