New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hasseling Bill Leeper
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well it seems that I have finally driven Bill Leeper to the brink of insanity. Apparently, I've forced him to complete my LH Model 70, if only to gain some relief of Chuck Nelson syndrome for a time. Tomorrow morning at 6:30 I'm cutting a trail to Elko British Columbia, and returning with a heavier load.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you taking a digital camera with you? A gun in its birthplace is a beautiful thing. :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny you should ask. My wife looked at me sideways when I told her I intended to take the camera (digital) with me tomorrow. She seemed to think a day with her sisters and all the kids needed it more than the gun. She thankfully relented to my begging and so I will have the camera along.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Chuck!
I have had one of Bill's benchrest creations for a few years and am entirely pleased with it.
Looking forward to pictures as well as some details on your new rifle!

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you need a second camera Chuck. - dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Chuck, tomorrow shall be a great day! Just don't get too distracted and get into an accident! Make it home safe, complete with payload....

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck did arrive OK. I assembled the rifle, which I had blue last night around midnight, while he watched then we did some shooting. Everything worked fine and I was pleased with the mostly completed project (I don't paint).I expect he will do some more testing in the days to come.
In the event that Chuck does show any pictures, I think it's important to note that, while I wasn't looking, he apparently flung tools, ammunition components, and gunparts all over my workbench prior to taking his pictures. His reason for doing such a thing escapes me but there it is.
Chuck obviously felt certain he was going to enjoy being here because he left his lights on to provide himself with an excuse to stay longer. I told him how I had used the same technique to spend some real quality time at a remote location east of Vavenby BC some years ago. Nice to see younger people rediscovering these proven methods. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3571 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh she's a beut, except for the fact I can't put a sling on it yet. I will add a detailed glowing report after I eat and some photos a little later. Yes Bill's shop was so darn clean, I thought I would throw things about to make it look like some work is being done in there.

Chuck

Regarding the lights and dead battery, at least I was prepared with booster pack (bought for my wife's benefit) in tow.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since Bill did the work I'm betting that it is really top shelf !!!!

When you get a chance post a picture or two..

Enjoy..
Pat B.