THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Winchester ejectors and bolt stops and magazine boxes

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester ejectors and bolt stops and magazine boxes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ddsipe
posted
Does anyone have a source for Post 64 M70 Classic parts?? I am playing with the idea of chambering a 338 Win Mag to 340 Weatherby. I will need a new bolt stop, ejector and magazine box for the express actions (like 7mm STW or 416 Rem Mag, etc)

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
--Winston Churchill

"Oh, nothing Mom, just pounding primers with a hammer ..."

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
a good gunsmith can make it work with the pieces that you already have... www.canyonsportingarms.com just did a .340 weatherby for me....i picked it up today..... I started with a pushfeed m70 in 7 rem mag.... and furnished the .340 wtby barrel.... tip burns altered the boltstop, the magazine box and made it feed slick.... it ejects factory loaded ammunition with no alterations to the action....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
As Ji, said the factory stop mag etc can be made to work easy enough. Numrich list the ones for long magnum
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Ma...t64-34242.htm?page=7

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Call Winshester, that;s where I got mine. You can search for a parts catalog online and it will give you the options for the calibers and part numbers. They may not be gunsmiths that answer the phone but in my case the gal was very helpful in finding an oddball follower.