Find
Notify
Tools

Widows Peak recoil pads.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted
Does any one know a source if they are still made? I believe that a company called London Guns used to make them but I can not find any information on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are made by Silvers Co. in England. I used to buy them from an English gunsmith named Jack Rowe in Oklahoma.
I believe Griffin and Howe also makes one. It is softer rubber.
Those Silvers pads can be pretty firm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Galazan has them.

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the replies. Yes there they were all the time in front me at Galazan's just had to read the Items descritions a little better.

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
What exactly is a widow's peak pad? Is that one that fits into the shape left by a steel buttplate without cutting the wood straight?

There used to be a firm in Melbourne (Australia) called London Guns, which made and sold high-end big-game rifles. I think the principal was a Mr John Saunders, who now trades as Century Arms in Whitehorse Road, Balwyn.

Posts: 5117 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote