Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of Sako Action
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Mountain Eagle Action from Magnum Research Inc., this is a Sako L691 magnum action. I also have a Bell and Carlson stock and a H-S Precision stock to go with the action. The action is new and in the white, the stocks are unused also. Does anyone have an estimate as to the value of these as a package?

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the stock, but I paid $350 for a older, in the white Sako action that had never been on a rifle. They seem to be hard to find and I like um!

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would say the Sako action would be around $400. As stupid as it sounds I think it might lose some value because it isn't marked Sako. Though from what I hear Magnum Research turned out some decent rifle.

Bell Carlson stocks are what they put on Remington TI and those usually go for $150. HS precision stocks are considered a little higher end.

Posts: 167 | Location: Eastern Shore of MD | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where would someone find actions (for future projects)? A friend of mine has a couple of Mauser actions he said he picked up at a gunshow a long time ago. Is it the kind of thing that you hope you stumble across?

Posts: 31 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ABrightling:
Where would someone find actions (for future projects)? A friend of mine has a couple of Mauser actions he said he picked up at a gunshow a long time ago. Is it the kind of thing that you hope you stumble across?

99% of actions for custom rifles come from salvaging existing rifles, as it is usually cheaper. For example, you can buy a Remington 700 action by itself, but it is priced close to the same as simply strolling into the local MegaMart and picking up an entire rifle. Once you sell the salvaged stock and barrel, the rifle as a source of an action is usually cheaper than buying the action alone. But most people look for a used "beater" rifle with worn blue and dinged up stock that can be had for cheap on which the action is perfectly good.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of chovanl
posted Hide Post
Zortman, you have a PM

Posts: 35 | Location: Rocksprings, Texas | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmm. That makes sense. Now, I've never tried it, but I imagine that taking the barrel off the action must be brutal. (I think I'll be taking a closer look at "beaters" in the future.) Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 31 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With Quote