New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican Mauser 1932 info wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
found a nice rifle in 7x57 that has a nice crest with mexican 1932 on it. it appears to be a small ring 98,with dayton trigger low scope safety, weaver like rings that pivot to the side. also sights and a myrtle wood? stock like a bishop california style. interested in goods and bads of the action and if it is a 98. it has a 98 style recoil llug but behind magazine port bottom of action is rounded,not like my other 98's. the guy wants 350.00 for it. what do the mauser experts think......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it is not a 36 Mexican? It had a cocking piece that looked much like a Springfield. It is a small ring short action 98 and a very good action.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
My gunsmith, David Christman, just finished one; rust blued it and put it in a beautiful piece of bastonge.
So at least I know they will make Beautiful rifles. He told me the guy paid close to two hundred dollars for the action alone. (Pure military) So I guess they must be fairly sought after.

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
This is one of the best guns for anything that will fit into it. If it's dated 32, then it's like a 1910, which will have the same cocking piece as any other mauser. It could be a 1926, but that's a large ring. If it's dated PAST 1937 and have a cocking piece that has a kurled grip, like a krag or springfield, it's a keeper.

Look up 376 steyr on the big bore pages, I've got pics of my redone 36.

350, if it looks pretty good, could be a damn good price. If it's got the cocking piece

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bluetick, say hi to Dave (gator) for me. We are old friends from his Washington days. He is a great gunsmith, you are lucky to have him back in your neck of the woods and I am sorry we lost him.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Jordan>
posted
300:

The Mexicans are getting scarce. I would scarf it up. They make a foundation for a nice custom rifle.

Jordan

one of us
posted Hide Post
it has a regular 98 cocking piece. i do happen to have one in my "pile" that has the knurled cocking piece and didnt even know it..... is there 95 actions that are small ring but lok similiar. do the 95's have gas port in side of receiver...