New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: They do exist...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
They notified me Wednesday, Nov. 17th that my left hand chrome moly short action was in the mail. I had them do some smithing on it along with one of their barrels. (358win.)
I already received a beautiful stock from Serengeti. I may even have a few days left to hunt with it.
I have another lefty on order that will be turned into a 300WSM
I've waited almost 20 months for this rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was at the big Reno gunshow at the Hilton on November 13 and saw a lefthand MRC magnum action in chrome-moly steel, as yet unblued. I must say it was absolutely gorgeous. I retracted the bolt and found it to have very little sideswing when fully retracted. It felt very smooth and quiet when I slid the bolt back from battery; it had no gritty, sandy feel or sound to it at all. It rotated and locked into the lugs with a silky smoothness that belied its pristine condition. The safety operated with positive, quiet clicks and did not bind or require what would be construed as excessive force to use it. The gunsmith told me that he has put together several MRCs and that they need nothing more than to have the barrel installed and chambered and you are off to the races. He recommends them highly for a custom project. Mine is setting in his shop in Carson City right now, but I don't expect to get it for a long, long time to come. Take heart, those of you still waiting for your lefthand actions; they do exist.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have a left handed, stainless, short action in my safe right now. I ordered it on February of 2003, received the action (less the bottom metal) on August 13th, 2004 and the bottom metal arrived November 10th, 2004.
I haven't built it yet because I found a left handed M70 Classic Safari Express (375 H&H) and spent my build money on it.

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine was ordered on April 23, 2003 and was received at the best gunsmith in Carson City on November 15, 2004. I have just relocated to Nevada from Virginia and cannot buy a firearm until I have been in-state for 90 days. I can take receipt of my action on January 5, 2005. When the rifle will actually fire its first shot is anybody's guess because the riflesmith is many, many months behind on his work, following some catastrophic health problems that usually precede a funeral; he's down to working just two days a week, from 9 to 12. We should all wish him well and offer a small prayer for a full recovery, regardless if we have a gun in his shop or not. He's a really nice man who does a fantastic job and to have him sidelined is a sad situation. I won't put his name here, but if you've looked for the finest gunsmith or had supreme gunsmithing done in the West, you've heard of him or you know him.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote