New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canjar vs. Jewell vs. Timney triggers?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone here tell us about the differences, plusses, and minuses of the various custom triggers?

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jewel can "pull my trigger" any time! She sings good, and is good looking. ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jewell does not belong in the comparison.

There are only 3 basic reasons why someone does not get a Jewell trigger:

1) Cost

2) Not available for their action

3) Lack of knowledge of them

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Currently, I have one Timney and two Dayton-Traister triggers on my Mauser conversions. They both feel about the same but the Dayton is much more compact(almost the same profile as a military mauser trigger). This means I don't have to remove as much wood when inletting as I would with a Timney. This results in a stronger stock behind the magazine box.

http://www.daytraco.com/Default.asp

Posts: 408 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LE270:
Can anyone here tell us about the differences, plusses, and minuses of the various custom triggers?

The only ninuses of the Jewells is the price...they are fantastic!!!!!I have had limited exposure to the others and the people that had them liked them but they were comparing them to the factory triggers....when they tried my Jewell they found out what a great trigger could feel like but for the money the others aren't bad....just the old get what you pay for theory....good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it's for a Mauser I would give Ted Blackburn a call. His are top notch.

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote