Find
Notify
Tools

Las Vegas Gun Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
Anyone going Nov 21-22. Usually the same old stuff. Sometimes you get lucky. Seems like they're every few weeks in LV.

This one is The Sports Center on Sunset.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be at the Beinfeld's show that weekend. Same one?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for a gunsmithing angle to it.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Not the same show but they did have them the same weekend a few times before.

The Beanfeild show is a shadow of it's former self. I remember meeting Tom Selleck and some movie writer, who name escapes me for the moment, at the show in 2002/3 when it was in the Riviera. They took 4 huge rooms.

The International knife show was also in the main room.

Monty M and Detrich Apel were there.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
I will be at the Beinfeld's show that weekend. Same one?

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
I went to a gunshow in LV two years ago. Only interesting things there was a high end knife dealer with a lot of really cool knives and the guy converting Oshkosh 6x6's into mega motorhomes.

i thought it was a TERRIBLE show for someone looking for firearms. It was at SouthPoint, I think.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
There are a bunch of gunmakers and engravers at the Beanfield show. Galazan (conn shotgun)

quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I was hoping for a gunsmithing angle to it.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
The Cashmann show was always the best (flea market style) show but I think the promoter moved his to South Point (smaller venue)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to change your post, but I have not been to a gun show in the past 20 years that was worth the effort or the admission. The only purchase I made during that time was to buy all the original Barnes 180 grain .323 bullets a dealer was trying to get rid of at $ 5.00/box.

Posts: 1077 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Rich,

That show is the worst of all (besides, it's been cancelled - see [ calendar ), followed by the show at the Cashman Center.

The South Point show is the best of the three, and nothing like the Antique Arms & Armor Show (which has moved to the Westgate).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Oh well.

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Well maybe you'd all be happier if they just shut down ALL the gun shows like they want to.

Do you really expect dealers at shows to just give away whatever they have? It costs them money to do those shows + ALL the work hauling everything in, setting it all up (try it sometime!), sitting for umpteen hours mostly bored all to ___, putting up with "shoppers" who try to get whatever they have for nothing, and then, at the end of the show when you're tired as ___, you have to pack everything up, fight with all the other dealers to get the ___out of the place and back home where you can relax - you likely even have to unload and put it all away there too until the next time you go thru the whole thing again!!

Sorry for the rant but try it some time or as the sign in my uncles shop said: KWITCHERBELLIEACHIN'

P.S. George - something is wrong with your Las Vegas show link. Just checked on that show - Holly Chit - 100 *&&%** dollars for each table????? No wonder you can't find any bargains!! Most for tables here in MI is about half that!

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sonofagun:
Well maybe you'd all be happier if they just shut down ALL the gun shows like they want to.

Do you really expect dealers at shows to just give away whatever they have? It costs them money to do those shows + ALL the work hauling everything in, setting it all up (try it sometime!), sitting for umpteen hours mostly bored all to ___, putting up with "shoppers" who try to get whatever they have for nothing, and then, at the end of the show when you're tired as ___, you have to pack everything up, fight with all the other dealers to get the ___out of the place and back home where you can relax - you likely even have to unload and put it all away there too until the next time you go thru the whole thing again!!

Doesn't sound like a very efficient marketing model.
Maybe that is why gunshows are dying. lol

As a buyer, why go through all that hassle of cost, parking, crowds, jerky sellers etc,,,, just to buy retail? Or worse?

Far easier to just use an online auction site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug W- You nailed it! Life has changed, like it or not.

Posts: 1077 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
sonofagun,

Thanks, I fixed that link.

The shows here suck because the organizers sell a lot of tables to people selling jerky, RC copters, stun guns, dream catchers, sheets (yes, sheets!) and other crap. The show at the Sports Center is about 70% non-gun items.

The show at the Cashman Center charges $14 admission, plus $4 parking, and you cannot carry concealed or openly in contravention of state law.

I've never seen gunsmithing tools there beyond sets of hex keys or M16/AR15 armorer's wrenches. We have damned few real gunsmiths in LV, and all are too busy to attend shows.

It's rare to find an actual deal; the gun stores sell their stuff at retail. The private sellers all think they're selling 'something special'.

The only reason I go (occasionally) is that it allows you to handle any number of firearms you may be considering buying.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GeorgeS very well said. The same issues are at our local gun show in Del Mar ca.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with George...but then there are damn few gun shows worth the expense anymore, most have more roach clips than guns these days..

The Great Oklahoma show is the cream of the crop, with 4 floors of guns, and all the good stuff you can imagine. I have not been in about 3 years but have a lot of frinds that go there and they still love it.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote