New
Find
Notify
Tools

m93 bolt sleeve
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Would anyone by chance have a 93 bolt sleeve that is not pitted. I can't seem to find one that is not pitted would like to have one for a rifle I have.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob
I tried them no luck, all were pitted to some degree according to the person I talked to.

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd try Numrich. They aren't likely to tell you about pitting but it might be worth a shot. I've been pretty happy with them over the years.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/5160

Otherwise, I look on fleaBay as WYSIWYG. I've found a lot of Carcano parts there, it just takes time.

Posts: 160 | Location: Homer, AK | Registered: 11 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
A swede 96 should work and eBay is full of them, and you can see the exact one you are buying. Condition of Swedish parts is always better.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yea good ole ebay found one

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

one of us
posted Hide Post
The thread timing is such that only the 93, Brazilian 94, and Chilean 95, Spanish 95 threads are the same index/timing.

The Swedish 94, 96, 38 sleeves have the same thread pitch BUT are indexed/rimed 1mm different.

Don't ask me how I know, as I learned it the hard way.

J Wisner

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well poop I ordered one so I guess I will have to try again.

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells has a vastly sexier aftermarket sleeve by Sunny Hill for the 93 Mausers. There is no provision for a safety though so you need to replace the trigger unit. That's a good thing anyway.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Brownells says out of stock.
As for the Swede fitting a 93, I just screwed one into a 93; it is 1/8th turn out, but I could make it work.
When you get your Swede, send it to me and I'll send you a real 93.
Problem solved.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're a very lucky duck the '96 sleeve will fit but that's about in one out of ten. Also, my experience with one of those NOS Swede parts is that they may not even fit a Swede mating part! I bought seven complete NOS bolts and only three of them fit without work into twelve different actions. In any case, it can be made to work by either re-profiling the sleeve forward or relieving the stop notch on the bolt. I've seen plenty of welded bolts on 93's that don't have a notch at all. I have a '93 sitting in front of me with a Swede sleeve that works as it should.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I can make them work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I made them work I was just pointing out that buying a part, especially one that is NOS can entail some work. Most of the bolts just needed work on the extraction cam, extraction ramp, and locking lug clearance with a Cratex disc. A couple of the fat ones would need some other work (later).