Find
Notify
Tools

light syntetic stocks
 Login/Join

<LiMe>
posted
Hello folks!

Wich company makes the lightest synteticstocks? the stock must be light and vary stabile...

regards,
Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge, Brown Precision has the lightest, with their "Brown's Pounder". A 16oz offering. But, I don't know if it is offered any longer. Website is:
Brown Precision

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
brownells has the one at 26 oz Hight tech specialties has one at 20 oz.

Posts: 19583 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
LiMe
You can try Lone wolf or Hi-Tec . I have one of the 17oz. Hi-Tec stocks. It is very stiff and well finished.
As far as the Lone Wolf I do not know that much about them. I have read some not so good things about their service here on AR. But I think they have a stock that weighs 12oz.
Good luck Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I have never had a Lone Wolf stock in my hands, so I cannot comment on them.

Among light stocks, I can recommend Brown Precision as being very nice (and great to deal with). I prefer the High Tech Specialties stock (from Bansners's) mostly because I like its lines better and it arrives needing less finishing.

The High Tech Specialties stock I have is extremely light and stiff. I compared it to my McMillan stock by twisting both in a vice, and if there was any difference it was in favour of the High Tech Specialties!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know where the bad rep comes from on the Lone Wolf rifle stocks but my experience with them has been positive. I had a Summit (15 oz.)stock built for a LH Browning A-Bolt and have been extremely pleased with it. It is much stiffer than a comparable H-S Precision stock and the dimensions suit me well. Fit and finish were perfect and it compliments the barreled action very well. Time to build was close to promised and post sale emailed questions have been answered within 24 hours. They will build my next stock.

Posts: 38 | Location: Front Range | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
My experience mirrors jpb's. I now use High Tech stocks unless they don't make one for a particular rifle, then I use Brown's.
By the way, have a Brown's thumbhole on a Contender carbine. Everyone who's handled it and fired it comment, "I gotta get me one a these!" [Big Grin]

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a Brown Pound'r for about 15 years on a Sako 243 and it has weathered use very well. It is relatively easy to bed but the kevlar is difficult to prepare for painting. I didn't bother painting in the end and the stock seems impervious to trips down scree slopes and bush snags.