Find
Notify
Tools

Detachable Magazines For Mauser M98.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Heeeeeey.
I see in a announcement from Numrich Gun Parts Corporation, on pg. 48, in the G&A's april 2003 issue, that they are offering some detachable magazines for Mausers, and not to pricy either.
Has anybody tried these out yet, and can tell a Norwegian somthing about it?? (GOOD OR BAD!!)

M98 magazines.

[ 03-04-2003, 14:01: Message edited by: 460wby ]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see feed lips and a flat follower -- they must be single stack, probably holding three rounds. A neat idea for the short rounds, probably not needed for -06 length.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
B�rselars AS are selling them in Norway... made by Voere I think...

Never had use for them on any of my guns , but I have had customers with Voere rifles with the detachable magazine. Singel Stack , not nearly as good as the original system... might work if you absolutly need a detachable magazinebox and a M98.

S

Posts: 24 | Location: USA/Norway | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I have two of them. They are both new. One short & one long. What do you have to trade?

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can also modify the Mauser 98 action to use the Parker Hale magazines, either the commercial versions, or the P85 version that uses an M14 magazine. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
460WBY: I tried one in long action. It was poorly made and broke during testing. I e-mailed Gibbs and told them the problem. They immediately sent out a new one. This one seems to be OK. I bought this directly from Gibbs before Numrich offered them. There is some fitting involved.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WHY???

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! Why is the proper question. Teenut has to be rolling over in his grave right now.

Posts: 614 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are some places, gents, where legal transport of your hunting arm in any sort of vehicle requires unloading. Some of these places are game rich environments, and the chances of seeing something while on the move is very good. Under these circumstances a detachable magazine is an asset. - dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote