New
Find
Notify
Tools

P14 Barrel Wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for an Enfield 1914 barrel (303 of course) that would be suitable for restoring a rifle that I have. Outside finish not critical, just no pitting. Interior condition is important, this will be a shooter. If you have one in your barrel of barrels, let me know.
Thanks

(You can't fix stupid)
Falls of Rough Ky University
Our victory cry is FORK U!

Posts: 218 | Location: Falls of Rough, KY | Registered: 29 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Got a barrel full of like new 303 P14 barrels. All with a hole in the chamber. Ones without the hole are very difficult to get.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is what I am discovering.

(You can't fix stupid)
Falls of Rough Ky University
Our victory cry is FORK U!

Posts: 218 | Location: Falls of Rough, KY | Registered: 29 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of barrel makers will make a .303 barrel with the correct profile for you. My builder just got one in for a P-14 that I'm having done in 7.62X54 - just because...
Cost a little less than two bills IIRC.

dpcd -
If you got no use for those drill barrels I'd be interested in picking up a couple to play with.
Thanks.

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couple years back a buddy and I slugged a couple P14 barrels on Winchester rifles. 5 groove. Best we could calculate the bore was .307... I suspect if you just chambered any .308 barrel in .303 B, you couldn't tell the difference.

.303british.com is all things smelly. No telling what he might be able to help with but costs nothing to ask. Luck. Happy Trails.