Find
Notify
Tools

Holland's Rem 700 Bolt Handle...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
Down the road, I'm looking to build a custom Reminton 700 in .300 Win Mag as a Long Range Plinker. How big of a deal is it to replace the factory bolt handle with one of Darryl Holland's replacements? Thoughts?
Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two of his bolt handles on my Remington 700's and I think they look great. I had a heck of a time trying to find a gunsmith to install them. In the end I just had Hollands do the installation too. They did exactly what I asked them to, and the total time was around 2 - 3 weeks. I was happy with their work.

-- Scott

Posts: 47 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What do these bolt handles look like?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to http://www.brownells.com and do a search on 403-000-010.

-- Scott

Posts: 47 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Scott. Do you find that it increases your mechanical advantage when working the bolt? Is it faster, or do you like it because it gives more scope clearance?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on my highpower rifle, it was easy to install if you know how to do a clean brazing job. It allows me to mount my iron sights further back plus is quite handy for the rapid fire.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George, the main reason I wanted the extended bolt handles was the greater clearance. I have the bolt handles on two varmint/target rifles, and when it gets cold during the winter I like to wear gloves. The extra leverage might come in handy, but I've never had to beat any of my bolts open with a 2x4 yet.

-- Scott

one of us
Picture of Bob G
posted Hide Post
I have been installing tacticle bolt knobs on Remington bolts for a faster and easier cycling. There is no need to replace the entire bolt handle,just machine the existing handle to accept the knob. Try this link to see a picture of the knob. Scroll down for a good picture of the knob.
http://www.snipercentral.com/tango51.htm

Posts: 239 | Location: North Smithfield, RI USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote