New
Find
Notify
Tools

Granite Mountain Arms
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For what its worth, Granite Mountain Arms has a web site up now. It's granitemountainarms.com
Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their website does not give any prices. I called Mr. Roden at GMA a few weeks ago, and he quoted $3,000 for a 416 sized magnum action. His other actions may cost more or less, I don't know. I just asked about the 416 Rigby/505 Gibbs action.

Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
I went and saw the shop - He quoted me $3000 for an action - any action & $4500 for a barreled action

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I watch "the Fabulous life of" on VH1(the theme was celebrity couples), I envision a spot on that show something along the lines of "Ted Nugent's wife goes no holds barred when getting the Nuge a Bday gift. That rifle action is turned from one solid piece of steel to the tune of $3000!!"

Well, the thought was a lot more funnier than what it looks like in a post...

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riodot:
I went and saw the shop - He quoted me $3000 for an action - any action & $4500 for a barreled action

Is that only an additional $1500 for a barrel?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
I pretty sure that $1500 barrel is an integral component barrel. I think that GMA manufactures their own barrels in house now. I believe that Dan Pederson originally did them for GMA. Whichever it is they sure make a nice product. I handled one that Steve Heilmann had at The guild show a few years ago. It was like glass and extremely well finished.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Granite Mountain Arms

Needs a red pad, but otherwise pretty much perfect.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the subject of Granite Mountain Mausers and the lapping lugs, what is their hardening process, is it all the way through, or only cased hardened?

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
The granite is a case hardened action made from 8620 which is a good strong carberizeing steel. 8620 was used in the m-14 with great sucess. I've worked for granite and can say he is a solid no B.S. action maker. with the abiltiy to fill your order.
Timan

Posts: 1228 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Forrest B. A red Silvers pas would make it look a little more classic. It's still nice the way it is though.
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Timan
What alloy(s) is used in your actions?

Cheers
/JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
johan
on my action stuart used prehardened 4140
daniel

Posts: 1482 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote