New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speerchucker where are you
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It has been 2 yrs since he left the site. He had some very good info to share freely with all on this site.

Les Brooks

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Even though he was sometimes a pain, I really liked the guy. A good combination of practical experience and the ability to put it into words. Although I am a grouchy old retired machine shop guy, I learned a few things from him.

Basically he got tired of all the keyboard hours spent in answering questions, both on the active forum, PM's and emails. And the sometimes smart assed comments from some. No wonder he swore off the forums.

Keyboard time and peeing contests take away from the shop profit.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
He got tired of the know it all idiots who wouldn't listen to or understand his sage advice. So he quit.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darn shame too, I learned a lot from what he had to say.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Saeed could create a Speerchucker Forum. Where Speerchucker could be the moderator and determine who posts. Weed out the smart asses.

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobster:
Maybe Saeed could create a Speerchucker Forum. Where Speerchucker could be the moderator and determine who posts. Weed out the smart asses.

I'm 100% for that! He was a wealth of knowledge and had a neat sense of humor!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
He got tired of the know it all idiots who wouldn't listen to or understand his sage advice. So he quit.

Yep. True statement.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't cast your pearls before swine.

Craftsman

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Have absolutely no idea what that means.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dumb asses Wink tu2

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
I had a PM exchange with him back last June, so he's out there somewhere (Edmonton)

Like most here, I found his advice to be very valuable. I don't have the chops to be argumentative with real gunsmiths....

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is a great idea.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He left the site just before I joined - and I've still learned a huge amount from him. I'm grateful to at least have access to his posts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he felt that his knowledge was worth more than he was getting paid for it here. I would have liked to have purchased one of his Winchester firing pin spring compression tools, but at the time I needed one he wasn't selling them.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was a straight shooter and usually knew his point of view was correct since he's a "been there, done that" kind of a guy.

I'm just a student of anyone who has real experience and I lost one of my teachers when he bowed-out!

I suppose he wasn't getting the value that he was giving so I guess I don't blame him.

Zeke

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give Holy things to depraved men. Don't give pearls to swine. They will trample the pearls underfoot and turn and attack you."

Craftsman

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damned if that ain't the truth!
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or another apt scripture: "Do not speak to a fool or he will despise the wisdom of your words" Proverbs 23:9
quote:
Originally posted by Craftsman:
quote:

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give Holy things to depraved men. Don't give pearls to swine. They will trample the pearls underfoot and turn and attack you."

Posts: 595 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe make it by invitation only, with a lengthy ban stick...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14631 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I got a PM from him a couple of months ago.

I didn't know he had "left" the site.

I am appreciative of all of his knowledge.

Maybe some of you know this but he has a youtube page and post videos of his work on youtube from time to time. He just posted a recent one a few weeks ago.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I took really wish he would come back.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

Maybe some of you know this but he has a youtube page and post videos of his work on youtube from time to time. He just posted a recent one a few weeks ago.

Do you recall the name of his channel ?

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
His YouTube page was something like Rodhendrickson... I know that I butchered the spelling. He shared the link here on AR a time or two so you could probably find it in his old posts.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks JBrown & BWW Smiler